Stardust – New Version
A new version of Stardust – a modular particle system for adobe after effects, has been released.
Stardust’s already innovative user interface has been boosted with some new workflow tools. Nodes can now be arranged in groups , Panel effect can be hidden to minimize clutter, and all that can be controlled by easy to access switches.
3D object can now be manipulated using deformers ranging from a simple bend and twist to creating terrains.
Extrusion of masks and texts was reworked to be cleaner and faster.
Presets can now be searched using any keyword or phrase as well as browsed.
All this adds to the already powerful particle system that ranges from the simplest 2D setups to complex particles systems that combines 2D and 3D particles in one tool, in a shared 3D space.
This is a free update to all current customers
New Features :
- Deform Node – Deform 3D Models, Apply Turbulence Noise, Bend, Twist, Stretch, Displacement Maps to 3D models.
- Group Node – Collect nodes on the panel in groups.
- Smart Shy – Hide nodes in the Effect Control Window to reduce clutter, and have them automatically show when clicked on in the panel.
- Switches – Fast access for Shy, Solo, Locate, Helpers and more.
- Searchable Presets – Easily find a complete setup, or a starting point.
- Text and Mask Extrude – Faster and Better Extrude, with new presets to start from.
- Stardust Studio Cam – A special camera to examine a single 3D model, for easier texturing and deforming.
- New Presets – Fireworks, Extrude Text and more.
In Depth :
- Deform Node – 3D models
- Bend , Twist, Stretch
- Switches – Toggle the buttons on the effects, or from the new Contextual menu (right click) on the panel
- Visibility – Enable or disable nodes
- Solo – Enable only solo nodes
- Shy – Hide Effects from the Effect Control Window, and automatically show when selected on the panel
- Helpers – Render Stardust Helpers for specific nodes
- Locate – Locate the Node on the panel
- Master Switches – Switches on main effect control overall solo, shy and helpers behavior. Additional motion blur switch for quick access
- Presets Search – Search the Stardust preset library using any keyword or phrase for quick access.
- Group Node – Collapse and uncollapse the groups in the panel to reduce clutter or expose content.
- Bevel – Faster and Better 3D Text and Mask Extrude
- Lock / Unlock Stardust panel to show the selected Stardust Layer
- Random Texture on 3D particles – Apply a random texture per 3D model.
- Sphere UV texture mapping
- OBJ Emitter – New options to Loop, Delay, Flip and more.
- Maps – New option to offset the map.
- Bug Fixes