Update : Stardust version 1.4.1 is available now . It is another Free update to all current customers.
Introducing 3D volumetric lighting for atmospheric effects, vast rendering speed improvements for basic particle types, expanded render capabilities, compositing helpers such as Shadow Catcher materials and Shadow output, animation tools improvements, workflow helpers such as OBJ file importer and a host of other additions to the toolset.
Stardust is an innovative Adobe After Effects plug-in for the creation of stunning particle and object based motion graphics and effects. It’s groundbreaking interface allows for combining 3D models, particles, effects and more, all existing and interacting in one shared space, enabling unparalleled integration between powerful tools delivering creative expression never before possible in After Effects. Make your vision come to life using 3D physics, Replica animation engine, 3D Model Library and hundreds of other features. Easily create complex effects using any of the hundreds of shipped presets, or build setups ground up using the modular workflow.
- 3D Volumetric Lights – Add atmospheric effects to your scene, respecting scene shadows.
- GPU Circles / Clouds – Vastly accelerated circle and cloud particles render using GPU.
- Overall performance improvements and workflow streamlining.
- Mesh smooth – Refine Model meshes.
- Better DOF. Controlled by the render setting quality.
- Shadow Catcher Material – Shadows get rendered on an otherwise transparent surface.
- New Render Outputs – Shadow, Volumetric.
- Fog – Add volumetric Fog effect to the scene.
- Offset Emitter Time (Pre-Run) – Time-shift specific emitters to set initial state.
- OBJ file import – Native OBJ File imported into project for complete project files collection.
- Reflection – New: Affect distortion by surface normals.
- Maps – Added: Density property.
- Replica – Added: Orient to path.
- Fix – Single model – studio cam.
- Fix – Layer emitter – skip empty alpha.
Update : Version 1.4.1
- Fixed an issue of failed render of 32bpc textured particles in windows.
- Fixed an issue of failed render on some Nvidia GPUs in Windows.