Stardust version 0.9.7 Windows & Mac OS X now available.
Stardust Early Adopter version 1.1.0 of our modular 3D particle system for After effects is now available for download. Mac version only at this time. A windows version will follow in October.
-Render 3D Models as particle instances, using either OBJ files or various Primitives
-Image based lighting
-Extrude Text and Masks to create 3D geometry
If you run into any issues or have any questions please send us an email: email@example.com
Version History:1.1.0 - Current version Sep 26, 2017 New :
- Render 3D models as particle instances.
- Extrude and Bevel Text and Masks.
- Create 3D primitives, choose from Cube, Sphere and more.
- Physical Materials.
- Ambient Occlusion.
- Image based lighting.
- Export Stardust Presets.
- GPU powered.
- Fixes an issue where the watermark reappears after restart on some machines.
- Source Node - New node to create a source, e.g a layer to be used in several particle systems.
- Replica - Added "Flow" Replica type, that creates flow looking particle replicates.
- Reflections - Added an environment layer that can reflect off of Rectangular / Textured particles.
- Obj Surface emitting - Emit particles from the surface of a 3D Model.
- Textured Particle Use Alpha / Lightness , mix the colour from the particle with the alpha / lightness of the source texture.
- Maps - Added sample quality and more control options.
- Noise channel - Use turbulence generated noise on other nodes.
- Helpers - Added visual cues for some nodes.
- Presets - Added New Presets for Replica Flow, HUDs, Grid and more.
- Fixed a crash related to Light emitter.
- Fixed an issue with Air Density mixed with zero speed particles.
- Fixed an issue with Mask / Text Layer transforms.
- Fixed an issue with reverse time-remap on layer / comp.
- Fixed an issue with motion blur and key-frames.
- Fixed an issue where Line graph would not update after change.
- Fixed an issue where wrong parameters would be displayed.
- Cleanup param names.
- Presets - auto adjust to comp center in any resolution.
- New Presets - Swooshes, Diagonal, Texturizer and more.
- Clone Node, a new node for creating independent branches from any point in the flowchart.
- Replica - new options, including Directional and Diagonal.
- Replica - texture offset settings.
- Light emitter - emits evenly from multiple lights by default.
- Nodes full name appears in the panel status bar.
- Splines - added linear corners option.
- Maps - added sample time options: ‘On Birth’ / ‘Current frame’.
- Maps - added control for rotation using source layer.
- Maps - texture by can be assigned by lightness.
- Stencil transfer Mode added to to the particle transfer modes.
- Fixes an issue where duplicating nodes created unexpected results in the panel.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes deleting nodes caused unexpected results in the panel.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes adding nodes while the panel is closed would throw an error.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes when stardust main effect is last in the layer's effect list, it would cause a crash.
- Fixes an issue with Twist Free Axis.
- New Presets: • Fire And Smoke with textured particles. Emit from Text , Mask, 3D Models, Outline and Volume. (Requires Apple ProRes codec) • HUD presets, City, Hexa, Alert and more. • Graphic Element presets. • Over Life presets.
- OBJ Emitter , added subdivision option of distance.
- Fixed an issue where on some situations a cancelled frame with textured particles would crash AE.
OBJ emitter, now is up to 5 times faster with large OBJ files.
Fixed an issue with non standard file and folder name Characters (i.e. non-English file paths)
Fixed a caching issue when setting shading on/off.
Fixed an issue when setting textured Particle layers to stretch.
Fixed an issue reading OBJ normals.
Fixed an issue with Shadow color sometimes not updating.
- Fixed an issue where an empty OBJ file would crash AE.
- Fixed an issue when selecting OBJ sequence with no valid OBJ file would crash AE.
- Fixed a bug where on some machines it would crash when applied to layer.
- Fixed conflict with some 3rd party plug-ins.
- Fixed installer issue with deselecting AE versions.
- Fixed a bug where on some machines it would crash when applying a preset.