Stardust version 22.214.171.124 Windows & MacOS now available.
A new version of Stardust has been unleashed, offering some extremely powerful and exciting new tools.
-Render 3D Models as particle instances, using either OBJ files or various Primitives
-Image based lighting
-Extrude Text and Masks to create 3D geometry
-Workflow enhancements, Groups, Node Switches
New Features for version 1.1.3
- Deform Node - Deform 3D Models, Apply Turbulence Noise, Bend, Twist, Stretch, Displacement Maps to 3D models.
- Group Node - Collect nodes on the panel in groups.
- Smart Shy - Hide nodes in the Effect Control Window to reduce clutter, and have them automatically show when clicked on in the panel.
- Switches - Fast access for Shy, Solo, Locate, Helpers and more.
- Searchable Presets - Easily find a complete setup, or a starting point.
- Text and Mask Extrude - Faster and Better Extrude, with new presets to start from.
- Stardust Studio Cam - A special camera to examine a single 3D model, for easier texturing and deforming.
- New Presets - Fireworks, Extrude Text and more.
These new features combined with the already powerful toolset will allow some totally awesome new possibilities.
If you run into any issues or have any questions please send us an email: email@example.com
Version History:126.96.36.199 - Current version Feb 15, 2018
- Fixes an issue where on some situations the preset window will not open
- Deform Node - 3D models
- Bend , Twist, Stretch
- Switches - Toggle the buttons on the effects, or from the new Contextual menu (right click) on the panel
- Visibility - Enable or disable nodes
- Solo - Enable only solo nodes
- Shy - Hide Effects from the Effect Control Window, and automatically show when selected on the panel
- Helpers - Render Stardust Helpers for specific nodes
- Locate - Locate the Node on the panel
- Master Switches - Switches on main effect control overall solo, shy and helpers behavior. Additional motion blur switch for quick access
- Presets Search - Search the Stardust preset library using any keyword or phrase for quick access.
- Group Node - Collapse and uncollapse the groups in the panel to reduce clutter or expose content.
- Bevel - Faster and Better 3D Text and Mask Extrude
- Lock / Unlock Stardust panel to show the selected Stardust Layer
- Random Texture on 3D particles - Apply a random texture per 3D model.
- Sphere UV texture mapping
- OBJ Emitter - New options to Loop, Delay, Flip and more.
- Maps - New option to offset the map.
- Bug Fixes
- Render 3D models as particle instances.
- Extrude and Bevel Text and Masks.
- Create 3D primitives, choose from Cube, Sphere and more.
- Physical Materials.
- Ambient Occlusion.
- Image based lighting.
- Export Stardust Presets.
- GPU powered.
- Fixes an issue where the watermark reappears after restart on some machines.
- Source Node - New node to create a source, e.g a layer to be used in several particle systems.
- Replica - Added "Flow" Replica type, that creates flow looking particle replicates.
- Reflections - Added an environment layer that can reflect off of Rectangular / Textured particles.
- Obj Surface emitting - Emit particles from the surface of a 3D Model.
- Textured Particle Use Alpha / Lightness , mix the colour from the particle with the alpha / lightness of the source texture.
- Maps - Added sample quality and more control options.
- Noise channel - Use turbulence generated noise on other nodes.
- Helpers - Added visual cues for some nodes.
- Presets - Added New Presets for Replica Flow, HUDs, Grid and more.
- Fixed a crash related to Light emitter.
- Fixed an issue with Air Density mixed with zero speed particles.
- Fixed an issue with Mask / Text Layer transforms.
- Fixed an issue with reverse time-remap on layer / comp.
- Fixed an issue with motion blur and key-frames.
- Fixed an issue where Line graph would not update after change.
- Fixed an issue where wrong parameters would be displayed.
- Cleanup param names.
- Presets - auto adjust to comp center in any resolution.
- New Presets - Swooshes, Diagonal, Texturizer and more.
- Clone Node, a new node for creating independent branches from any point in the flowchart.
- Replica - new options, including Directional and Diagonal.
- Replica - texture offset settings.
- Light emitter - emits evenly from multiple lights by default.
- Nodes full name appears in the panel status bar.
- Splines - added linear corners option.
- Maps - added sample time options: ‘On Birth’ / ‘Current frame’.
- Maps - added control for rotation using source layer.
- Maps - texture by can be assigned by lightness.
- Stencil transfer Mode added to to the particle transfer modes.
- Fixes an issue where duplicating nodes created unexpected results in the panel.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes deleting nodes caused unexpected results in the panel.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes adding nodes while the panel is closed would throw an error.
- Fixes an issue where sometimes when stardust main effect is last in the layer's effect list, it would cause a crash.
- Fixes an issue with Twist Free Axis.
- New Presets: • Fire And Smoke with textured particles. Emit from Text , Mask, 3D Models, Outline and Volume. (Requires Apple ProRes codec) • HUD presets, City, Hexa, Alert and more. • Graphic Element presets. • Over Life presets.
- OBJ Emitter , added subdivision option of distance.
- Fixed an issue where on some situations a cancelled frame with textured particles would crash AE.
OBJ emitter, now is up to 5 times faster with large OBJ files.
Fixed an issue with non standard file and folder name Characters (i.e. non-English file paths)
Fixed a caching issue when setting shading on/off.
Fixed an issue when setting textured Particle layers to stretch.
Fixed an issue reading OBJ normals.
Fixed an issue with Shadow color sometimes not updating.
- Fixed an issue where an empty OBJ file would crash AE.
- Fixed an issue when selecting OBJ sequence with no valid OBJ file would crash AE.
- Fixed a bug where on some machines it would crash when applied to layer.
- Fixed conflict with some 3rd party plug-ins.
- Fixed installer issue with deselecting AE versions.
- Fixed a bug where on some machines it would crash when applying a preset.